Top 4 Juiciest places to get your 5 a day!


As if we've already hit April of this year - that means we're a whole third into 2016...time has flown by we know!

So, how are you resolutions coming along? More exercise? Healthy eating? Did they happen? Well, whether they did or they didn't, either way we can help you get your body back on track even around your busy schedule.

We've rounded up the best juice places you can visit during a short lunch break or hectic weekend schedule, for a post-work pick me up or just 5 minutes to yourself. Here they are in no particular order...


MBG Fruitshop

Juice No. 10

MBG Fruit Shop Outlet @ The Gardens

I chose Juice No.10 - an "Anti-anemic, Stronger Bones & teeth" juice. A blend of strawberries, red dragon fruit, date sweetener, yoghurt and milk. The taste was pleasant although could have done with some ice to make it more refreshing. Overall, the combination was good and looked exactly like the picture. Really helpful that each one offers a quick benefits summary so you know exactly which to choose for a particular nutritional complaint.

Service wise, I went around 6:30pm on  weekday and service was a little slow, there was not much of a queue but the staff didnt appear to be in any kind of hurry - which was fine as neither was I and I would hope they took their time because they were preparing my drink with care. Everyone was friendly, they willingly accepted and processed my 20% juice drink voucher with no problems at all.

No. of 5 a day hit: 2/5
Price: RM9.40 (with 20% saving so actually RM7.50)


Life Juice

Life Juice Outlet @ The Gardens

The quirky presentation of this outlet is definitely a crowd lure. They keep all of their glass bottled, cold press juices on ice, ready for you at any moment to sweep in, grab a favourite, pay and leave with your healthy delight. So on a quick lunch break I did exactly that.

"500 days of summer" is a blend of strawberry, watermelon, red apple, cantaloupe melon and mint, it tasted exactly like lazy summer evenings with the added benefit of boosting my brain power, apparently. Similarly to MBG Fruitshop they give a detailed description of each juice's nutrients and what ailment or boost it is good for.

One thing I will say is to be sure to shake it really, really well, like shake it then shake it some more to be sure you've mixed it all together. As it's cold pressed and then bottled I assume they do it on the day of purchase which means some of the pulpy bits settle to the bottom so to avoid get shaking.

No. of 5 a day hit: 4/5
Price: RM12.90


Boost Juice

Boost Juice @ Bangsar Village
I always enjoy going to the Bangsar Village branch for Boost Juice, the staff are always so friendly and enthusiastic! The venue is light and fresh looking,with a large counter. Your juice is blended on the counter right in front of you also. Greeted with a smile and virtually no queue due to their efficiency I get my juice fast whenever I choose Boost.


The most recent option I went for was the "Brekkie To Gogo Super Smoothie" , not the most fruit filled as it only includes banana but the combination of muesli, honey, low fat milk, TD4 vanilla yoghurt and an energiser booster has its own nutritional benefits. This option is definitely a meal in a cup so perfect for time saving in the mornings on your way to work.

No. of 5 a day hit: 1/5
Price: RM13.00


Juice Works


Juice Works @ Mid Valley Megamall
With so many options on the board it took me a little while to narrow it down to just one juice I wanted to order but the guy at the counter didn't seem to mind, he just waited patiently until I could come to a decision.

My decision - "Pink Passion" a blend of passion fruit, strawberries, mango and tropical juice apparently meant to de-stress and energise. Well it had been a long day so I definitely needed that, but whether my sudden happiness was due to the ingredients or just a great tasting juice I'm not sure, either way my spirits felt lifted. I opted for the large option which actually became never ending it seemed, so definitely worth the extra RM1, plus the guy at the counter was very good at his upsell. I used the free VIP membership card coupon with my purchase so now I can get discounts when I buy regularly too - even better!

I actually enjoyed this one so much I came back the next day with a friend and used a second coupon - 50% OFF any second drink - and treated my friend, a perfect excuse to get even more fruity goodness.

No. of 5 a day hit: 3/5
Price: RM12.65


Coupons for MBG Fruit Shop and Juice Works can be found in the Worthy Book F&B Edition 2015 - 2016. Get yours now!



Comments